Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Red, White & Blue

Saige had a patriotic day at school yesterday and they were all suppose to wear Red, White, & Blue. They had an assembly and learned about the flag and she told me that they said the pledge of allegience "A lot!" I am glad that she is learning about our country at school because I probably don't talk about it as much as I should at home. She was excited to dress up for school but she told me that she didn't have enough white on, so I told her that I would paint a white star on her face. She was very excited about that and happy to go to school in her patriotic colors. I heard her telling her friend, "my mom is an ARTIST that draws stars!" I am hardly an artist, but it was nice of her to say anyway:) She is so funny sometimes!


4 comments:

Leslie said...

Saige, you are so cute!! Nice star Ty.....you are an artist!!!

Hancocks said...

Dress up days at school are so much fun! She looks so adorable in her patriotic get-up!! And I must say that that is one fabulous star- cute idea!

Mama Mia said...

So fun! Saige is so funny! Love the pig tails!

Shalyse said...

Saige is so beautiful...both your girls are! that is so funny that you overheard her telling her friend that! kids are hilarious!