Monday, August 25, 2008

First!

Well, I can't believe it but TODAY is Saige's FIRST day of FIRST grade!!! She is growing up so fast I just can't hardly stand it! She was SO excited to start school today and has been talking about it for quite awhile now! The whole walk to school this morning she couldn't stop talking about how excited she was. And something kind of funny, on the walk to school, I noticed she had two different kind of socks on, both white but different...but we were running too late to go home and change it, so hopefully nobody notices. Saige just said, "It's okay mom cuz I like to cross my feet." It was so sweet though when she said, "Mom, can you walk me to my class?" So, I am glad she still wanted me there with her for that, especially since Rich reminded me she won't always want me to be there like that... :( But as soon as she got to her class she was off and "Where do I put my back pack?" She wasn't giving me hugs or anything!!! So, I just kind of yelled out "Bye Saige, I love you!" I realized after I did that, that someday, she will be embarrased of me doing that too... Oh well, I guess that is just how it goes. Hopefully she isn't so excited or as nervous as she was for kindergarten though because on her first day of kindergarten she threw up! Anyway, Here is my ADORABLE FIRST GRADER on her FIRST day of FIRST grade!!! I don't know what we are going to do without her all day!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Cute! Good Luck in First Grade Saige!!! You are such a cutie!

Jade and Todd said...

She looks so sweet! Im glad she was excited instead of scared, think how hard that would be for you!!!

Tris said...

She looks so cute! I hate how our kids are growing up so fast! If only we could slow down time a bit.

Mama Mia said...

Hope the day went well! You will find plenty of things to do while she is away! What a cute 1st grader!

Drew and Amber said...

I can not believe how big she is.. Remember when she was 1 or 2 when we worked at supercuts together. It is crazy to think she is in 1st grade..

Jared Heather and Taegen Pete Johnstun said...

It has to be bitter sweet to have her gone all day. One less kid to have to worry about, but one less kid to be able to love and squeeze and make sure she is safe!! But is makes it easier to know that she likes it. She is adorable and so cute!

Unknown said...

It is haard to believe she is in 1st grade. It was just yesterday and she was living with us and sitting in her highchair eating fishe and calling me monga. I'm glade she likes school. Love. me

Hancocks said...

She is looking so grown up and so adorable! I swear we just barely had our first kids didn't we? Where does the time go? I'm glad she had a fun first day!