Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Misha's accident...

So, last night while I was making dinner, Misha and Saige were playing Little Pet Shops at the kitchen counter. Misha got up on her knees on the chair and lost her balance smacking her face into Saige's chair on her way down. Notice the teeth marks in the chair below. I lifter her up and blood was GUSHING out of her mouth. When I looked in to see what happened I saw a train wreck of teeth and blood. We are talking mangled teeth and gobs of blood. I freaked. When it is other people it is not a bother to me but when it is your own child it is SO different. Saige was a good helper grabbing me a towel and the cell phone and running to the neighbors for help as Greyson was fingerpainting in the blood on the floor. My neighbor wasn't home and so I loaded everyone up and headed to the ER hoping Misha wouldn't swallow the teeth that were hanging loose in the front of her mouth. They did a CT of her face and called in an oral surgeon from Logan. They had to put her under conscious sedation and as I held her and cried, they slowly put her mouth back together. She knocked 3 of her front teeth out, fractured her alveolar(the bone in your gums) and had a couple of lacerations they had to sew back together. They put braces on her 4 front teeth to hold them in place and help the bone fracture heal properly. He doesn't know if her teeth will be saved or not so we will wait and see how it all heals.
Right after we got home from the hospital. Rich was so good to help and needed some snuggle time with her.
This morning she is very swollen. I can't get a very good picture of the inside because is hurts her too much. She is on Tylenol with codeine and an antibiotic. We follow up with the oral surgeon on Monday in Logan.




I know it is a good thing they are baby teeth but still this is quite traumatic. I hope it all heals ok and she gets better fast. I am greatful it wasn't worse, but, it was bad enough. She is doing really well, in some pain but handiling it like a little trooper! She is having a hard time swallowing anything because her mouth is so swollen and sore. I am just trying to get some fluid in her and the medicine. Thanks to everyone who helped us and have called with well wishes! We love you!

7 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Misha we love you....so sorry you had this accident!

Schad fam said...

Wow she IS swollen today. Hope her recovery is quick! We Love you Misha!

Stephanie said...

DANG!!!!!!Misha we are so sorry this happened to you! We all just hurt for you :( We love you!!

Leslie said...

Poor thing! Dang I hate when accidents happen! OUCH! When she can, maybe try popsicles to help with the swelling and keeping her hydrated!!!

Cody and Sharice said...

That is really so sad! I just keep thinking how brave and great you are, and handled it perfectly!

I Love how you said Greyson was fingerpainting in the blood! Sounds like something that would happen at our house!

I hope she is doing better and keeps getting better!

Rupper Family said...

Isn't it weird that kids can hurt themselves doing the most benign things? Anna split her chin open last year putting a puzzle together at the coffee table of all things. Puzzles and Pet Shop toys-very, very dangerous!

I hope she's feeling better, poor girl. Now do you have to puree her food for her while her mouth heals? Or does she get to have Big Gulps for dinner from now on? I'm pretty sure they have all the nutrients a girl needs!

Leslie said...

Dang i hate when horrible things happen to such beautiful little girls....i love you Misha and i hope that you get better soon!!!

Love, Shay