Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Saige!

7 Years ago today this CUTE girl made me a mom. I can still remember hearing her first cry and falling SO in LOVE with her! My heart felt like it would BURST out of my chest and I remember thinking how blessed I was and how much Heavenly Father was trusting me to send me such a gift. I know I am sounding sentimental and emotional but that is because I AM sentimental and emotional. I Love being a mom and even though I don't always have the most patience in the world, I hope that my kids know that I LOVE them with every single ounce of LOVE that I have and that I am TRYING to be a good mom to them. Saige is such a sweet and special girl. She takes after me in the emotional department and has very tender feelings. She is such a GREAT helper and loves being a big sister. She LOVES animals, especially horses and is a very good little ARTIST. She is always drawing pictures and wants to save EVERY one of them. On one of her drawings she even put "Warning, Do not Throw AWAY!" A warning meant for me I am sure, although I do try and save some of them. On all of her school work papers she brings home there is some little drawing or doodle on it. She loves to PLAY with friends and is becoming a good little reader. When she grows up she wants to be a cowgirl and a mom...She has been a lot of FUN and we are SO greatful to have her as part of our family!

We had her birthday party with some of her friends yesterday since it was still spring break and we had a Mermaid party. I attempted to make this VERY large Mermaid cake which looked a lot smaller in the picture that I got the idea from....Much larger in real life! We have alot of cake left over if anyone is interested...Come on over! And, I don't know where her arms are if you are wondering. I have been asked more than once. I guess she is an armless mermaid...
Saige and Misha doing there "Under the Sea" moves.
SEVEN Years Old!!!! Holy Cow!
It was kind of windy but considering the spring we have been having, it was a pretty good day.

The party favors...
Digging for the treasure at the end of the treasure hunt.

Getting their "tails" on for the mermaid race!
Get ready, get set, GO!


Then today on her "real" birthday I went to her class and took balloons and chocolate chip cookies for her to share with her class.
Saige loves her teacher Mrs. Bagley! She is very sweet and a FUN first grade Teacher!!!
Then tonight we had "spaghetti" by request and grandma and grandpa Bischoff came over for dinner, cake and ice cream!

And then presents! The funnest part for her FOR SURE! She got some FUN things from her friends yesterday that she was excited about and some FUN stuff today from us! We Love you Saige and hope you had a great day!

7 comments:

Rupper Family said...

Wow, what a fun birthday! You're such a nice Mom-I'm always trying to talk Anna into having one friend over and going out to do something so I don't have to do the party games, take home bags,food, etc. Looks like everyone had a blast...do you hire out your services?

Cassie Skinner said...

How fun!!!! My birthday is in August, will you host the party?...... Mermaid please! You are a fun mom and it looks like you put on a great party.

Schad fam said...

I have been checking for these pics, the mermaid cake was cool, even armless, haha Glad she had such a fun birthday! We love you Saige!

Ballard Family said...

Happy Birthday to Saige! I haven't seen her for so long, her hair is getting sooo long. I hope you guys had a great Easter. It's so weird that you were in Vernal {and I wasn't even there :(} Looks like you had a great time! We'll have to get together soon. Now that your private it doesn't show me when you update your blog, so I have missed a few!!

Candace said...

Cute cute cute. I'm glad to see I'm not the only Naartjie lover out there either.

Leslie said...

Tell Saige Happy Birthday! I think it's awesome that your oldest and my youngest have the same B-day! I love the cake by the way! You did great! I have resorted to ice cream cakes from DQ. It's to hard to work all the time and get cakes done! lol (that's my excuse anyway)

Hancocks said...

Totally lovin' the mermaid cake! It really turned out WAY cute! I think you did an awesome job and you didn't even need a crumb coat! :) I love it!!! The girls look adorable too and I'm glad Saige got to have so many fun birthday activities. I bet she was loving it! BTW, still not sure on the sex of the kittens. They all kinda look the same to me, but Lacey assures me that Cutie is a boy. Who knows... she could be right. After all, she is the animal whisperer. We'll keep ya posted!